City of Sumpter
240 N. Mill Street
Sumpter, OR 97877
City Recorder/ Clerk job description.
The City of Sumpter is looking for a person of high integrity, responsible in time management, organizational skills, and communication skills and teachable. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
Specific duties include:
- Answer phones, take messages, answer questions concerning City Policies, services, events, fees, and other basic office functions.
- Attend all City meetings, take minutes, pick up mail, sort and respond to correspondence. Keep fiscal records and account updating. Prepare reports on civic needs.
- Prepare documents for Council meetings. Schedule and post notices for all council meetings.
- Computer skills such as Word Processing, QuickBooks online, design basic documents.
- Gain knowledge of local procedures through statewide precedents, rules and regulations pertaining to applicable City situations.
- Plan and complete the maintenance, filing, safekeeping and computerization of all municipal documents.
- Prepare Ordinances, Resolutions and Proclamations to be executed, recorded, archived and distributed.
- Maintain fiscal records.
- Issue various permits and licenses.
- Organize appropriate information and conduct orientation for council members and employees.
- Perform various other clerical skills as the need arises.
Treat all Council, Employees, public and vendor/ Agency individuals with professionalism, respect and courtesy at all times regardless of the others attitude and presentation in the interpersonal interactions.
For more informaiton or to receive an application please contact City Hall 240 N Mill Street, Sumpter OR 97877, 541.894.2314 firstname.lastname@example.org